Monday, February 12, 2007

Goodness It's Been Too Long

So many of you read the Newsletter, that I must admit I slack off on the blog occasionally and it shows recently. Between my new career doing taxes and writing the newsletter, I seem to have let the blog go a bit. Anyway I want you to keep checking in here, as I intend this to be the place which has MORE data, and more experiences. Most of all, the next experience is at AZZURRO, an Italian Wine Dinner with host Chuck Vaughan of National Distributors showing us pairings and nuances of great wines and the food they do so well. (March 19, call 804 282 1509 for reservations) Food and wine are synergistic organics which compliment and counter point each other. As we discover those nuances, we only slightly uncover the mysteries which create them. Micro-climate, local delicacy, passion of the grower/maker...all these go into the symbiotic relationship of wine and food. Cheeses with reds, fresh local fishes with crisp whites, nuanced old world wines with peasant stews and braised meats...these are the trips that we take and explore as foodies. What a ride. Cmon!!!

No comments: